From the query, I can presume that you are yet to explore the matrimony sites in your hunt to find a suitable partner. The idea per se of finding someone using an online portal is really exciting. It takes a lot of legwork that was earlier prevalent out of the picture.
Also, in a connected world, it implies doing background checks to a lot of extents using one’s digital footprint via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Now coming to the question,
- Are matrimony sites worth investing time to find someone?
- What are the general expectations of guys from girls on those sites?
The question has been broken up to share the general & personal experiences in order for you to take an unbiased call.
→ Are matrimony sites worth investing time in to find someone?
Yes, as the plethora of options exceed expectations. Any person can try to link up with anyone in order to explore marital feasibility.
Owing to this, it is totally worth the effort
→ What are the general expectations of guys from girls on those sites?
- Decent Family & Background
- Should be understanding
- City of Residence
- Work Place
- Future Plans
- Possibility of Moving Abroad under Dependent Visa
- Barter/Give & Take rather than establishing a relationship
- In some cases – Dowry or Some other Material Need FullFilment
- Partner be completely amenable to one’s want
Owing to the above-stated points, it is best to go as follows:
- List what you are looking for – Must Have, Can Have, Optionals
- Exercise Flexibility
A relationship is built on trust & Respect, do not muddle it with barter trades
Hope this helps
You can follow my blog for content on other topics.