You might have heard this man being quoted by many people
Inline with this, there are a few alternatives that can function as quoted:
1. Equity investment in the Financial Markets (Stocks, Bonds, ETF, REITs etc.)
2. Real Estate (Land & Estate)
3. Commodities (Crude Oil, Industrial Metals like Copper, Zinc, Aluminium etc.)
4. Bullion (Gold, Silver etc.)
5. Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)
6. Startup/Business (Passive or Active Participation)
From the above stated routes, the classification can be as follows (especially considering the Covid-19 outbreak and Global geopolitics like OPEC+, Ukraine-Russia Crisis etc.)
Risky: Cryptocurrency & Startup/Business
Fluctuating: Bullion & Commodities
Capital Preservation: Real Estate
There is no doubt that equity as an asset class beats all others while accounting for taxation and inflation especially on a long term horizon.
In accordance to this, an Investor can choose a specific vehicle to park their money in accordance with their capital, goals, risk appetite and horizon.
Hope this helps
You can follow my blog or Facebook page for getting further insights.
Leave a Reply