You might have heard this man being quoted by many people
Inline with this, there are a few alternatives that can function as quoted:
1. Equity investment in the Financial Markets (Stocks, Bonds, ETF, REITs etc.)
2. Real Estate (Land & Estate)
3. Commodities (Crude Oil, Industrial Metals like Copper, Zinc, Aluminium etc.)
4. Bullion (Gold, Silver etc.)
5. Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)
6. Startup/Business (Passive or Active Participation)
Risky: Cryptocurrency & Startup/Business
Fluctuating: Bullion & Commodities
Capital Preservation: Real Estate
There is no doubt that equity as an asset class beats all others while accounting for taxation and inflation especially on a long term horizon.
In accordance to this, an Investor can choose a specific vehicle to park their money in accordance with their capital, goals, risk appetite and horizon.
Hope this helps