The Indian Stock Markets (NSE/BSE) have a mixture of Good, Bad, Ugly, and Junk Stocks.
While parking your hard-earned money for future requirements, it is best to invest in quality stocks that
- Can Provide Dividends
- Can provide Capital Appreciation
- Can beat Inflation & Debt Instrument Returns like Postoffice, Fixed Deposits, etc.
Considering this, going for the following basket of stocks would be most apt
- Blue Chip Banking: HDFC, ICICI and AXIS Bank (Anyone)
- Blue Chip Auto-Sector: Maruti, M&M, Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland (Anyone)
- Blue Chip Auto-Ancillary: Bosch, Motherson Sumi, GNA Axles (Anyone)
- Blue Chip Battery: Amara Raja and Exide Industries (Anyone)
- Dividend-Paying Companies
- Oil Marketing Companies – HPCL, BPCL, IOCL (Anyone)
- FMCG – HUL, Dabur, Emami, and ITC (Anyone)
- Power & Utility – CESC, Coal India, PFC, PTC (Anyone)
Further Reading on the topic: High Dividend Paying Stocks in India
Having stated the above facts, we need to keep the following in mind:
- Keep a margin of safety while investing
- Invest in Quality
- Hold for a long time before seeing returns
- Do not go on hearsay
- Understand the business before investing in it
Always remember, the markets are the best way to make money to delve into it when you have the patience and wisdom to understand its working
Hope this helps
You can follow my blog or Facebook page on investing for getting insight into other stocks.
Interesting post. I think those are all quality long-term stocks.
How to Invest in Stock Market in India (for Beginners)